If you are a member society and have an event you would like posted here, please email details of the event to: email@example.com
- This event has passed.
ASME/UB Mentor Roundtables
November 19, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
We are contacting you to gain your interest and acceptance to be an Engineering Career Mentor for only 3 hours of your time. The ASME Buffalo Section & Student Section will be hosting an Engineering Career Mentor Roundtable. We are looking for ~8 Engineering Mentors or Engineering Directors who work in diverse industries local to the area. This is a very simple and casual open dialogue event. HR Personnel are welcome to attend with the Engineering Manager.
Date: Tuesday November 19, 2019 Time: 5:00PM to 8:00PM
Location: UB North Campus, Student Union Building, Room #145 AF/BE (conference room)
Parking: Furnas Lot or Jarvis “B” (parking is free)
Schedule: 5:00PM Introductions & food/Beverages, 5:15PM Start Rotations, 7:45 – 8:00PM End Rotations
How does this work?
- Engineering Students (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial, Civil) form into groups, each mentor will have his/her own designated table. Each student group will spend up to 20 min with each manager and once the 20 min is up the students will simply rotate to the next manager. Each group of students will be able to speak and listen to every manager in the room.
Each mentor will inform students of the following:
- Describe career path from college to how you accomplished getting into your current engineering or management position.
- Describe the Industry or Industries they work in or interesting project assignments.
- Challenges, Successes and Failures they have had in career.
- What to expect in the workplace.
- Describe any internships or mentorships your companies offer to entry level students.
- General information they wish they had known when they entered the job market as an Entry Level Engineer.
- Field Q&A from students. Open dialogue.
If you would like to participate as a MENTOR please RSVP with Daniel Snell (email address and phone below). Students may RSVP to attend the event at the Buffalo Section Group web page at:
CALLING FOR MENTORS FROM THESE INDUSTRIES TO ATTEND:
- Aerospace Industry
- Medical Industry
- Process Industry
- Mechanical Industry
- Manufacturing Industry
- Project Management
Any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us directly! Look forward to your reply and attendance!
Daniel M. Snell – Project Manager | QA-QC Manager Mollenberg-Betz, Inc. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 716.614.7473 x267 ASME Buffalo Section www.mollenbergbetz.com